The Midlands Histories
Plot Twist Cards
Here are the codified house rules for using the Plot Twist Cards during game play:
- Plot Twist Cards are acquired like Action Points.
- Taking an Extended Rest resets your cards to one. Players with more than one must place excess cards in the discard pile. Thus PCs renew their destiny and, at times, may miss opportunities.
- A new card is earned at each Milestone, as the powers-that-be smile upon the PCs and their boldness, rewarding them with a new chance to shape their fate.
- Plot Twist Cards may be played at any time during game play, as long as the effect is relevant to the situation.
- The DM has final say over whether a desired effect is appropriate or not. (More often than not, I’ll likely say yes if it’s reasonable.)
- For cards with effects that reflect Pathfinder mechanics, consult the 4e conversion errata.
- New: You can exchange your card for another from the top of the deck only once per Extended Rest, and only immediately after drawing it. Otherwise, cards in your hand carry over from one game session to the next.
- New: Used and discarded cards are reshuffled only after every card has been drawn from the deck.